Demand Generation Manager
MakeMusic is looking for a performance-driven creative marketer with a killer instinct for building campaigns that outperform. Your strategy will drive new customer acquisition and awareness through targeted digital advertising and effective website management.
As the Demand Generation Manager you will be responsible for online advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), web development, and analytics. This role regularly interfaces with other marketing managers to generate and nurture leads for both the SmartMusic and Finale software products.
In this role you will:
- Plan and execute SEO strategy. Includes monitoring rankings, performing keyword research, developing strategies to target desired keywords, and working with content managers to ensure effective optimization on new blog posts and web pages.
- Develop and maintain WordPress sites, coordinating with creative, content, and engineering teams.
- Build campaigns that support new product launches, existing product upsell and cross-sales, and new market development.
- Manage and optimize campaigns continuously, running A/B and multivariate tests for ads, websites, and landing pages.
- Track, analyze, and report on campaign KPIs with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, ensuring data integrity across digital marketing stack.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Comprehensive understanding of Google Analytics, Adwords, and Tag Manager
- Demonstrated success with SEO, SEM, and digital marketing best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS development and constraints
- Background creating and managing content in Wordpress or similar CMS
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests to optimize landing pages and user funnels
- Data-driven and creative self-starter who uses insights and analysis to guide strategies, experiment, learn and improve
- 3+ years SEO and/or campaign marketing experience
Ideally, you'll have:
- Background in marketing for B2C or SaaS
- Background in or passion for music and/or education
- Experience using ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
Please note that a CSS and HTML code assessment will be a part of the interview process.
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined the companies TrainingPeaks and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado which has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment and Yoga classes; with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust