We need a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to
the overall success of our company, solutions and products. You will join a small team
of marketing professionals who work collaboratively to market, brand, position and grow
RemoteLock to a world class company.
Technical Writer Job Summary
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical content, white papers,
solutions briefs, gated content for marketing campaigns and website content, with the
ability explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with
marketing and technical staff to ensure accuracy of all RemoteLock content. If you have
previous experience as a Technical Writer in the high-tech, internet, IoT industry or
other technical industries, we encourage you to apply.
Content/Technical Writer Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, organize, write and edit white papers, how to guides, blogs,
solutions guides, technical product overviews and website content.
• Research, develop and document technical documentation and marketing
• Produce electronic documentation for marketing distribution and content
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Manage updates and revisions to content.
• Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended
• Working with internal teams on product and documentation requirements
• Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and
the documentation requirements
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is
appropriate for its intended audience
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing
Content/Technical Writer Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
• Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation with attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily
understandable in text and pictures.