We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—RiotLabs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
**This is a contract position**
newmedia is looking for a Contract Content Specialist to join our dynamic team! The ideal candidate would be someone who writes concise, attention-grabbing content for a variety of marketing, advertising and digital product purposes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Revise, edit and proof copy for internal and client projects.
- Create copy & content for approval, inputting into design/layout software, etc.
- Ensure copy/concepts promote the client's brand and/or sell/convert for their product or service (on digital), according to the creative strategy.
- Sharp grasp on voice and tone and the delineation between the two.
- Understand what a brand is and applies appropriate tone and style to concepts and writing
- Repurpose and re-write content for multiple channels and ensure that messaging and stories are consistent across multiple types of content, while tailoring message and style to that specific channel.
- Present creative concepts with design team when necessary.
- Work closely with the Content Marketing Manager in order to provide effective and impactful content for internal and external initiatives.
- Assist Creative Director with composing high profile copy for executive leadership events and speeches.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 2+ years experience in content or writing at an agency or in-house.
- 2+ years working experience in web and digital product copy.
- Proven editorial skills with writing both technical content and promotional copy.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Proficient with all Google Applications.
- Understanding of SEO basics.
- Experience working with multiple social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+)
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Coors Field and Union Station.
- Paid parking
**This is a contract position.**