Proposal Manager - USG
Please review the job details below.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for writing and managing proposals for DigitalGlobe’s USG Business Unit, supporting business development teams with proposal approval process and developing / maintaining documentation and proposal support systems (SharePoint, Slack, Quip, knowledgebase, salesforce, boilerplate, project summaries, proposal tracking system, etc.).
For technical documentation:
- Develop and recommend changes to improve usability and productivity, and maintain high quality standards for documentation.
- Interact with operational and development personnel, internal audit, corporate compliance, records management, and other department personnel in the creation, review, submittal and storage of corporate and departmental documentation.
For proposals and quotes:
- Read and understand RFQ/RFP requirements;
- Make assignments to appropriate SMEs, with input from the sales engineer.
- Lead the proposal team in assembling a compliant, convincing, and timely response;
- Gather information to develop cost basis when required;
- Manage team to ensure timelines are met;
- As needed, interview subject matter experts (SMEs) to write proposal sections;
- Assemble, format, and edit master response using Microsoft Word;
- Ensure that proposal submission meets corporate format, content and style guidelines and standards;
- Assist business development team with all required reviews and approvals;
- File all relevant materials in proposal repository.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 6 years related experience required; or Master’s degree plus minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years where the primary job function was writing (technical writing, procedural writing, specification writing, marketing writing, proposal writing, etc.).
- Demonstrated proposal writing and management experience or equivalent.
- Secret level security clearance or higher. Willingness to obtain higher level clearance.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to organize and lead documentation and/or proposal projects including managing a team of peers and higher level contributors.
- Proven document management, proposal management, and/or project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills, flexibility, and comfort in working in team environment.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and communicate simply and clearly for the end user.
- Willingness to work varied hours to meet proposal demands.
- Ability to work with grace under deadline pressure.
- Experience using various pricing and costing methodologies is a plus.
- TS/SCI preferred.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.