Part Time Senior Legal Counsel
Part Time Senior Legal Counsel |Finance/Legal/IT, Legal
Vendavo |Denver, CO
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue. With the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform, companies develop dynamic customer insights and optimal pricing strategies that maximize margin, boost sales effectiveness and improve customer experience. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech and manufacturing, Vendavo delivers cutting-edge analytics and deep industry expertise that help companies stay one step ahead. As we continue to change the way business gets done, we’re looking for energetic, experienced, and talented professionals to join our team. If you are driven to make a global impact, thrive in an innovative culture, and enjoy work on challenging and engaging projects, join our team at Vendavo!
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a highly skilled Part Time Senior Legal Counselwho will be responsible for working directly with Vendavo’s business teams, advising on a wide variety of issues, including but not limited to: commercial contracting, employment, privacy, corporate compliance, GDPR, and other corporate matters.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, part time, you will:
- Negotiate and oversee a high volume of enterprise-level contracts in order to support a fast-moving, global organization.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel on ongoing litigation.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and be responsible for closing myriad outbound agreements related to the commercialization of the Company’s software and services offerings.
- Negotiate and close inbound technology transactions, including IP agreements for technology to be incorporated into the Company’s offerings, corporate IT transactions, and other routine operational agreements (e.g., marketing arrangements, consulting agreements, facilities)
- Review and analyze commercial transactions in order to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with internal policies and applicable laws, and balance that risk against business realities.
- Update and maintain template agreements.
- Support the Sales, Services, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, People & Culture and other teams to address a range of contractual and legal matters.
- Perform multiple, time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice and serve as a trusted business partner to internal stakeholders.
- Advise and assist in the resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Manage relationships with outside legal counsel.
To be successful in this role you will need the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including significant success at both a reputable law firm and as an in house counsel in a fast-paced organization.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Exceptional writing, drafting and communication skills; ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively to business teams and senior management.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Results-orientation and time management skills
- Must be flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
What an Ideal Candidate looks like:
- You are customer-focused
- You have the desire and ability to innovate and inspire innovation in others
- You take accountability for the results we need to achieve individually and collectively
- You make courageous decisions and act with integrity
- You execute with a sense of urgency through thoughtful planning and disciplined execution.
- You operate with responsible transparency with direct, respectful and open dialogue amongst your peers.
Why you will like working at Vendavo:
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential, and growing organization
- Working with a team of highly skilled and driven people with a desire to innovate and have a material impact
- Super collaborative environment, where every individual matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest talent
- Opportunity to make a difference, excels personally and professionally, and have fun!