Legal Contracts Administrator
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. For the past 17 years, Billtrust has achieved remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
As Contracts Administrator, you will work closely with the Senior Contracts Administrator, Sales Team, and General Counsel to administer and handle all aspects of the Company contract lifecycle requirements. You will administer, draft, and negotiate contracts and commercial transactions. This role requires the ability to coordinate company resources to effectively meet customer needs and Company goals in connection with contracts. This position can be located in either Denver, CO, or Lawrenceville, NJ.
- Create, draft, and revise contracts including customer agreements, vendor agreements, subscription agreements, order forms, statements of work, amendments, and various other forms and agreements
- Act as principal point of contact between sales, customers, and legal for negotiating, routing, and processing contract related documents for signature and archiving
- Coordinate contract input with sales products, finance and other Company departments
- Triage issues and requests to determine the appropriate disposition
- Negotiate legal and business provisions and implement successful contract solutions
- Create and revise contract templates and forms
- Maintain post contract signing compliance including sending certificates of insurance
- Create and maintain a model legal provisions library
- Tag contracts with metadata in electronic systems
- Support additional corporate legal, regulatory, corporate governance, legal research, training, and M&A projects and other legal and compliance initiatives
What you'll bring to the team
- 4+ years of contracts drafting, management, and administration experience, preferably in a corporate in-house legal and technology setting.
- A solid understanding of legal liability provisions and application of the reasoning and examples behind strategic positioning to achieve creative and successful solutions.
- Expertise in drafting, editing, redlining, and wordsmithing legal and business provisions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple matters and deadlines.
- Focus and vision to implement best practices into the contracts process.
- Careful attention to detail and the ability to spot issues, errors and inconsistencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Positive customer service oriented and teamwork attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient and comfortable in Microsoft Office Software, especially Word and redlining and comparing documents.
- Familiarity with contract management applications and electronic signature software and process.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.