Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join the Legal Department in our Denver office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-branded, highly successful organization with a world-class legal department. We are looking for someone who has strong organizational and communication skills and an attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to learn quickly, proactively manage multiple projects and get things done. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel.
- Provide corporate governance guidance and maintenance for Marketo, Inc. and subsidiaries worldwide, including the formation and dissolution of subsidiaries, scheduling board meetings, preparation of resolutions, written consents, minutes, certificates, powers of attorney, annual reports, and similar documents.
- Maintenance of business licenses and permit filings.
- Review and negotiate nondisclosure agreements.
- Work with Tax Department to draft and maintain intercompany agreements for subsidiaries.
- Assist with real estate leases.
- Assist with due diligence and closing matters for M&A, financing, and other transactions.
- Manage outside counsel and auditors, including audit letters and engagement letters with outside counsel.
- Manage relationship with registered agent and handle service of process notifications.
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations and legalization of various legal documents.
- Assist with responses to litigation related requests.
- Assist with global data privacy compliance.
- Assist with maintenance of files, policies, etc.
- Other duties as may be needed or assigned.
Required knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ corporate paralegal experience.
- Comfort with numbers and technology.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills a must.
- Proficiency with web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Box, Jira, Salesforce, Coupa)
- An ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment that requires constant multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- The flexibility to embrace frequent change in all forms.
- A positive attitude with an ability to work proactively and prioritize.
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a team – strong business partnering skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good sense of humor.
- Public Notary.
- Experience working at a technology company, particularly SaaS.