Associate Legal Counsel
Ibotta is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel who will assist in handling a full range of legal matters that arise in connection with the development, offering and maintenance of mobile app consumer promotion-related products and services. This position requires 2-3 years of experience as an attorney, either in-house or law firm experience. A successful applicant will possess baseline drafting, negotiation, organization, and teamwork skills as well as the ability to work with Head of Legal and cross-functionally. This position is based in our Denver office.
What you'll do:
- Draft and negotiate complex legal agreements, including commercial contracts, master services agreements, statements of work, insertion orders, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, and data license agreements
- Ensure agreements and transactions with customers and partners comply with Ibotta’s policies
- Assist in the development and launch of consumer promotion and rebate-related products
- Collaborate with other departments to build and manage legal processes across the company
- Keep relevant internal and external stakeholders apprised of pertinent legal and regulatory developments impacting the company’s industry
- Provide legal support in connection with developing risk-management processes and procedures, and resolving potential compliance issues
- Assist in building out and managing a data privacy and compliance program
What we're looking for:
- 2-3 years of legal experience
- A J.D. degree from an accredited law school, and a strong academic background
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado or another state
- Meaningful experience with legal issues associated with several of the following: advertising, consumer technology, data licensing, data privacy, FinTech, mobile devices, and app publishing
- Skilled at drafting, negotiating, and interpreting commercial and corporate agreements
- A strong work ethic coupled with the ability to consistently maintain high service, quality, efficiency, and ethical standards
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative nature with strong partnering skills across all levels of employees and external clients
- Must have the capacity to work independently as well as be an effective team member
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, equity compensation, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and unlimited PTO.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.