AR Expert – Legal Services
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Our goal is to recover accounts in a timely, efficient, and ethical manner. We strive to provide flexible mechanisms to sell to a range of customers while ensuring that cash-flow is maintained and exposure to risk is minimized.
We are resolved to expect the highest standards of honesty from our Experts and strive to attract and retain productive employees by providing them a stable and fulfilling work environment. Our employees are a major asset in accomplishing our goals.
- Credit application verification
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to streamline projects to improve inefficient processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees, court clerks and employers.
- Demonstrated and consistent follow-through skills.
- Must be motivated to grow with the company and able to handle a fast-paced, collegial work environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic and quickly understand new concepts.
- Possess high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Develop collections methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals.
- Work closely with team members to create ways to bring in revenue and find success as a team.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; presenting of findings, analysis, and recommendations.
- Investigate public records for assets, including real estate records and prior judgments.
- Conduct initial review of documents provided by clients/collection agencies.
- Maintain communication with outside collections resource.
- Manage bankruptcy filings.
- Manage inactive accounts to resolution.
- Draft notice of demand to pay.
- Manage customer settlements with in-house attorneys.
- Summarize recommendations for write-offs and/or suit filings in collaboration with business stake holders.
- Compile, analyse, and organize account information.
- Gather exhibits and contracts.
- Own contract maintenance and legal escalations.
- Attend court appearances for collection settlements.
- Prepare Salesforce reports for management and legal.
- Assist with preparation of legal arguments for lawsuits.
- Maintain judgment account data to ensure payments are recorded.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor.
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service.
- Utilize reporting to manage day to day portfolio via a collections process.
- Team work an absolute must.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, plus two to five years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in Outside Collections / Bankruptcy
- Previous experience in Collection of High Dollar Balances and /or Account Receivables
- High level of familiarity with MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Ability to answer phone calls to address customer needs
- Highly detail oriented, fast learner, ability to adapt and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner.
- Passion for resolving bad debt
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Accounting Experience preferred
- Outside Collection Experience
- Able to travel as needed and support Court Proceeding as needed
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Low to Medium level of experience with Salesforce a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.