Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We’re seeking inventive, passionate interns with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to be change agents on our journey to transform our application economy.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
You will be working on an Agile software development team. You will plan, code, and retrospect with your team. Your code will run through continuous integration, merge to master, and deploy to production. What you build will be used by customers every day.
We care about mentoring our developers. We pair program, perform code reviews on every commit, and have several forums for knowledge sharing. We actively invest in the growth of our developers, and our interns are no exception.
We are seeking people who are passionate about the software industry and want to work with the best and brightest. We value teamwork, the ability to make and meet commitments, dedication to continual improvement, and a focus on creating successful, highly usable software.
• Research and develop innovative new solutions that will help to shape the future direction of CA Technologies
• Work within a scrum team in an agile development environment, with an opportunity to gain exposure to many of the key agile roles
• Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
• Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers
• Participate in test plan reviews and develop automated test scripts to deliver high quality software solutions
How YOU will stand out?
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field between December 2018 to June 2020
• Web Application development experience, preferably on a SaaS-based product
• git and Github experience
• Strong problem solving skills
Like to have:
• Languages – Clojure, Ruby, SQL, HTML, CSS
• Proven Team experience; Agile Team experience is a plus
• User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX) experience is a plus
• Experience with or interest in next generation micro services technologies (e.g., Docker)
• Prior Internship experience in a Computer Software/ IT industry
Why Our Engineers Love It Here?
• Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
• No role or tech ruts: Expand your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack or specialize in an area of interest to you. Change teams when you need some new scenery.
• A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
• Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
• Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
• Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.