Intern - Data/Image Scientist
We are looking for a data science intern excited about working big corpuses of data and novel analytical methods. You’ll be curating algorithms to help customers extract meaning and value from DigitalGlobe’s data. We need an innovative and driven intern to help us discover and apply the latest algorithms and methods to DigitalGlobe’s multisource trove of imagery.
If you love image processing and applying it to real world problems like deforestation, humanitarian/disaster response, risk assessment, energy, real estate and insurance, this is a great opportunity for hands-on experience and mentoring. You’ll be working with a top notch group of data scientists and engineers who are pushing the bounds of what is possible with Jupyter notebooks. Build your Github resume, contribute to open source and help solve global problems with access to one-of-a-kind data.
- Curating and applying analytical methods to customer use cases
- Building Jupyter notebooks and testing/using new feature enhancement
- Supporting engineering
- Current undergraduate or post-graduate student, enrolled in an accredited program for the Fall 2018 semester
- Experience in Numerical Mathematics and Statistics
- Python coding experience
- US Citizen OR Permanent Resident
- Preferred degree focus: Earth science, Geography, Computer Science, Physics, Biology, Environmental Science, Economics, Statistics etc.
- Interest in machine learning
- Experience with satellite imagery
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.