INTERN - Accounting
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo’s Summer Intern Program consists of an 8-12 week internship placed within an individual department. This program is tailored towards qualified individuals currently entering their final year of school either under graduate or graduate. You will gain experience in a corporate environment, training to excel in your field and learn all things Marketo; our business, products and culture. Outside of your daily functions, all interns will participate in company activities such as offsite’s, mentorship, even volunteer work. Through these social events you will be given the opportunity to network with executives, full-time staff and fellow interns across the company.
We are looking for an Accounting Intern to rotate through various accounting functions including support of the General Ledger, Order-to-Cash (Revenue and AR) groups, and time permitting an optional rotation through either Procurement, FinOps or Tax. The candidate must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures and controls
- Account clean-up and reconciliation activity
- Assist in determining whether or not revenue recognition criteria has been met and initiate revenue accounting
- Review deferred items to determine if revenue can be taken
- Provide support for the interim audit procedures performed by external auditors
- Administrative support for various accounting functions
- Assist with misc. accounting projects as necessary
- Possible opportunity to perform assistance for either the Procurement, FinOps or Tax groups
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues and follow process instructions
- Proficient with Excel; vlookups and pivot table understanding a must
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Experience with Intacct is desired but not a must