Global Business Continuity Intern - Full Time - Summer 2018
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2016 sales of $23.8 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations in 90 countries.
A Fortune 118 company with 18,700 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
• Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
• Chance to network with 200+ interns across North America
• Small forums with our Executives and past interns
• Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
The Global Business Continuity team supports efforts to mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from business interruptions. The Global Business Continuity Intern will help assist with projects that support the overall preparedness for the organization: crisis management, threat monitoring, business continuity plan development, awareness training and tool optimization. The intern will provide analysis and planning support at both tactical and strategic levels within our notification and planning tools focusing on the program needs and drivers. These projects will give the Intern candidate exposure to multiple areas of the business, interaction with leadership, involvement in global incidents, project management experience and the opportunity to learn new software.
Requirements & Skills
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Risk Management, Safety, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent
• Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August; Available start dates: May 21, May 29, June 4, June 11. Earliest end date is August 17)
• 3.0 GPA or Higher
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask. Project management experience is preferred.
• Experience using Microsoft Office product suite
• Detail oriented but with the ability look systemically to see dependencies and relationships
• Quickly learn SaaS tools and provide optimization support and analysis for reporting and other decisions
• Excellent time management, resilience, and the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration within a fast-paced team environment
This is a paid internship.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship to work/intern in the U.S.*