Data Science Intern
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
Company: SpotX, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25395
SpotX is looking for a highly talented Data Science Intern who can contribute brilliantly to our team located in Broomfield, CO. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human being and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Introduction to our domain, business, and technology used
- With the guidance of a Data Scientist, this role supports all of SpotX with data exploration, analysis, and modeling
- Receive training and complete tasks in some or all of the following:
Build machine learning and statistical models to discover actionable insights
Develop proof-of-concept solutions in support of Reporting, TechOps, Product, and the CTO
Monitor, tune, and extend existing Data Science solutions/products
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Work within a team, attending daily standups, receiving daily feedback, completing tasks
- Supervision by our full time data scientists and receiving evaluations at the end of projects
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Studying in a math/statistics/computer science/data science or related degree
- Proficient in Python, R, and/or Scala
- Understanding of predictive analytics, statistical modeling and data-mining (theory, algorithms and application)
- Knowledge in: Regression (multivariate, logistic and kernel), Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Survival analysis, Clustering, Optimization, Stochastic Processes
- A track record of providing compelling insights based on data (this can be class projects)
- Able to identify assumptions and the limitations of models/algorithms and the impact on reporting and decision-making
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Ad Tech experience
- Experience with SQL and "Big-Data" is desirable (Hive, Spark, MySQL)
- Work-life balance
- Make a real difference - your code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment – flip flops OK
- Frisbees, foosball table and ping pong