Inside Sales Representative
About Us OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 23 million diners per month via online bookings across 43,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Reporting to the Restaurant Development Team Lead, this position is responsible for generating revenue by selling additional products and services to existing OpenTable Customers. He/she will be responsible for making outbound calls/emails, tracking and reporting daily activity, following up on leads, maintaining a customer relations database, identifying additional opportunities and other duties as required. The position will be expected to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals, as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of over 300 Accounts, with activity averaging over 60 outbound calls and 6 individual pitches per day.
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Provide customized product and service presentations (both in person and on line) to prospects and existing customers to determine solution needs and drive revenue.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business and in ways that will help both parties achieve success.
- Educate restaurant about trends in the industry and offer unique insight
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- Provide follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions. Maintain communication records & prepare productivity reports as required.
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback through wins/losses, forecasts/pipeline, references & company’s account management systems (including Salesforce).
- Remain knowledgeable of, and adapt to, company's solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
- Listen to needs of the market and share this feedback with Product and Marketing teams.
- Assist National Account Managers and Field Sales Reps on the team as needed.
Core Value Competencies
The four core value competencies apply to all positions.
Customer First – Fosters trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations
Collaboration and Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest
Creativity and Innovation - Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, Solve problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
Continuous Improvement - Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Consultative Meeting Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 4+ years inside or outside sales experience
- Proven track record of consultative selling and/or account management
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- College degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution preferred
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
- OpenTable software experience a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Exceptional ability to drive business value during client interactions.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent knowledge of company’s products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills.
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining business/customer relationships.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions.
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities.
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Proven success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
OpenTable is excited to offer many benefits to its employees. Those listed below highlight what a high-performing Inside Sales Representative can expect!
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus opportunities.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- Business relationships with top chefs and restaurateurs across the country.
- Comprehensive training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into best practices throughout the restaurant industry.
- Exposure to talented, seasoned business leaders.
- Invitation to OpenTable’s annual sales conference.
- Participation in local restaurant events.
- Engage in a company culture that encourages work hard/play hard philosophy. Become part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales and account management professionals who love what they do.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time, exempt position. It is based in Denver.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
If you're interested in joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply via our website at www.OpenTable.com/careers.