Senior Technical Recruiter - Contract
Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll Make an Impact
Working closely with the Talent and People teams, this role will be responsible for driving the recruitment process for a variety of technical roles in the business, ensuring that all recruitment programs and activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The primary focus will be technical openings in San Francisco, Denver, and New York.
The role incorporates a broad spectrum of end to end recruitment tasks. You'll be responsible for proactive sourcing, crafting creative adverts for job boards, responding to candidate queries, and other recruitment administration required for specific areas of the business. You'll take a consultative approach, working very closely with hiring managers to establish relationships, build talent pipelines and provide training and education around the recruitment process.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
You will work with Managers within your portfolio to understand their recruitment needs including:
- Establishing vacancies and clarifying role requirements.
- Working with Hiring Manager to create position descriptions.
- Crafting creative adverts and advertising across all relevant job boards and forums.
- Proactive candidate search to build talent pipelines.
- Attending industry events or meetups to network.
- Helping Managers to refine their recruitment and selection processes
- Effectively utilizing the Xero Recruitment ATS - Jobvite integrated with Workday.
- Responding to candidate enquiries regarding roles that fall into your portfolio.
- Screening resumes received and submitting appropriate resumes to the hiring managers.
- Phone screening candidates for culture and technical fit.
- Scheduling face to face or google hangout interviews.
- Following up with the hiring manager post interview to ensure that all candidates are responded to in a timely manner.
- Representing Xero in a highly professional manner to prospective employees at all times.
- Preparing offers requests for generation of Employment Agreements by the TX Coordinator.
What you'll bring with you
- 7+ years of experience in a technical recruitment role. Must have at least 5 years of in house technical recruitment for a company that builds software products (SaaS experience a plus).
- Must have experience recruiting software engineers in Denver, and at least one of the following markets: San Francisco, New York.
- Experience with a variety of sourcing tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Good understanding of technology and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Experience recruiting engineers with the majority of the following technical backgrounds a huge plus: C#/.NET, NodeJS, iOS, Android, AWS.
If you want to hear more and get the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer!