Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the leading commercial insurer among small business owners by scaling Pie with the best possible talent. You’ll be joining Pie at an exciting time as we were recently named to DC Inno’s 50 on Fire.
How You’ll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. As a full-time Recruiter focusing on Sales and Operations, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional fellow Pie-oneers. In this role, you will be a face of Pie with our candidates, in the Denver talent market, and with our talent agency partners.
Pie’s Talent and People teams work out of both Denver and DC, but don’t let the geographical divide fool you. This incredibly collaborative team is in tight, constant communication. Sitting in Denver, you will be a trusted talent partner to our Business Development, Customer Care, Inside Sales, and Underwriting teams as we continue to scale our organization. This position may require some travel within the US between our Denver and DC offices.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. This is an experienced hire role, and you’ll need to bring two years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably in a mix of agency and high-growth tech environments. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
People. You want to help others and enjoy facilitating the hiring experience.
Hunting. The hunt thrills you and keeps you relentlessly on the lookout for not only the best talent but also newer and better ways of finding them.
Farming. You cultivate a pipeline for months, perhaps even years, keeping top talent in your sights.
Connecting. You understand requirements and needs. You understand what the candidate brings to the table and make the right connection within Pie.
Qualifying. You leverage best practices to assess and qualify talent for Pie. No gut instincts, no good feelings. You get to the bottom of the story, every time.
Urgency. You respond with lightning speed to texts, calls and emails. You don’t let next steps linger on your to-do list. You prefer an environment where a strong sense of urgency is rewarded.
Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
The Day to Day
- Providing all Pie prospects and candidates with a world class experience
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for Pie’s Sales and Operations teams
- Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive hiring plans to achieve them
- Develop strategies to identify, attract and engage with the best talent from events to sourcing and referrals
- Recommend, build and execute processes that will help our recruiting team scale our efforts for years to come
- Working with hiring leaders and the talent acquisition manager to create and distribute across our job posting platforms and social media
- Coaching hiring managers and guiding them throughout the recruiting process
- Managing candidate flow through our ATS, Lever
- Meeting and greeting candidates for onsite interviews
The Right Stuff
- 2 or more years of recruiting experience, preferably as a full life cycle recruiter supporting sales, service and/or financial services or insurance operations team growth.
- Must demonstrate aptitude with direct sourcing as well as building and maintaining a strong network for pipeline recruiting.
- Working knowledge of insurance and/or financial services operations, specifically underwriting operations, is helpful.
- Strong experience building process and driving for results.
- Ability to adapt to different tools and technologies in an effort to provide top talent to our business.
- Expertise working through an ATS such as Lever.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executive level and below.
- Expertise in recruiting tools beyond LinkedIn Recruiter. We need you to be innovative on how you bring talent into the Pie organization.
- Experience with talent branding through networking and other outside the office activities.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description