People Business Partner - Talent Acquisition
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a People Business Partner - Talent Acquisition to join our People squad in order to support our vibrant and growing organization.
As a People Business Partner - Talent Acquisition, you will play a key role in helping our leaders think strategically: helping to assess needs & develop solutions in areas such as workforce planning, organizational design, performance management, employee relations, compensation, retention, and career development. You must understand business priorities and translate them into a plan that supports our rapidly growing business, unique culture and company values.
What you get to do:
- Anticipate potential issues and needs and proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy. Work with senior leadership to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results in line with our company values.
- Partner with leadership team to assess, design and deliver solutions needed to optimize talent and enhance effectiveness including, workforce planning, compensation, succession planning and performance management.
- Develop a deep understanding of your teams, their situations, and, most importantly, their needs to better develop mutually defined solutions to problems
- Actively partner, coach & develop leadership team members, managers, and individuals
- Monitor the "pulse" of employees and develop and execute on initiatives to ensure a high level of employee engagement and a positive employee experience
- Be the go to person for employee related questions for teams on just about anything including local office policies, procedures, systems, benefits, compensation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed.
- Manage & lead internal communications to teams to ensure understanding and buy-in.
- Partner with broader People team colleagues across Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Organizational Development to ensure employee and leadership needs are met and high performing teams are sustained.
- Assist with on-boarding new staff, particularly leadership, and acquainting them with the company practices, culture and business.
- Maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to promote our culture of open communication.
- Develop strategic relationships with external recruiting sources
What you bring to Uplight:
- 10+ years Talent Acquisition experience in high growth and fast paced environments
- In-depth knowledge of full life cycle recruiting
- Proven execution of a multitude of sourcing techniques
- Experience with HRIS, ATS, sourcing and recruiting marketing tools
- Ability to motivate applicants and communicate company culture
- A sense of ownership and how talent acquisition can improve overall company performance
What Makes Working at Uplight Amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink