Leadership & Development Director
What we do:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What You’ll Do:
- Promote ongoing development and enhance the skill set of our employees.
- Deliver product set and business specific education internally through partnership with SMEs.
- Create and deliver new manager and advanced manager training. Identify a method to share best management practices amongst the management population (ie Peer groups)
- Full ownership and management of our new hire orientation (NHO) program including evolution of the program.
- Develop career path educational training courses for each team/position.Oversee 1 direct report with responsibilities for capturing internal procedures and instructing employees on these processes.
- Develop a Samba certification program for our customers.
- Conduct needs assessments with business unit leaders and department heads to create training plan that ensures conformity with company initiatives, strategic plans, and best practice process changes.
- Assist managers in identifying and addressing employee development needs through talent review.
- Design, develop and deliver instructional training programs using effective adult learning strategies.
- Ensure consistent quality of the materials presented, as well as the overall training experience; create a training brand across the company training programs.
- Develop trainer development programs and coach others involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll need:
- Education and Experience: BA/BS Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field and/or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ of Human Resources experience in Training and Organizational Development with some exposure to HR Business Partner/Generalist function.
- Strong knowledge of organizational behavior and organizational change practices
- Understands that business needs and opportunities drive learning and talent development initiatives
- The ability to effectively multi-task and drive multiple projects
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills as well as strong planning and execution skills
- Proactive, highly organized, able to drive project progress through effective issues management and communication
- Identifies coaching needs and will set expectations for coaching experience with the internal client and stakeholders
- Ability to function strategically as well as tactically to successfully manage projects
- Professional presentation and consulting skills
- Experience managing complex projects and demonstrated ability to achieve success both independently and through collaborative efforts
- Strong influencing skills and leads change management on various programs across the business
- Ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint templates
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel required