Health Benefits Advisor
Gusto’s Health Benefit Advising team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You’ll be responsible for guiding our benefit customers through key moments of their customer journey, and utilize your benefit advising expertise to help clients offer the best benefits for their company through the Gusto platform. You’ll also use your pipeline-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Consult with customers to understand their business needs
- Advise, delight, and retain our customers during their annual employee benefits renewal period
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to advise employers on the benefits offering that meet their and their employees’ needs
- Provide expertise and guidance to customers at key moments in their relationship with Gusto
- Analyze, refine, and iterate on processes to drive the customer experience and improve our internal efficiency
- Be a knowledge partner - stay up to date on industry trends, benchmarks, and regulations.
- Educate others on updates related to internal process, external policy, and best practices
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1-3 years of health insurance advising or employee benefits sales experience
- Life and Health Producer License
- Strong written and verbal client communication: able to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Problem solver: enjoys digging to get to root cause
- Can manage multiple sales cycles simultaneously, beginning to end. Obsessively organized and detail-oriented
- Growth mindset - thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Approach problems with a passion for improving customer experience and reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you can find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.