Director of Talent Management
Ibotta is looking for a Director of Talent Management to lead strategies and programs that develop our team, enhance our culture and impact business results. This role will champion culture, drive business outcomes, and play an integral part in developing our team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building trust, solving problems and not shying away from difficult conversations. Every day is different at Ibotta, so being able to adapt to change is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, manage and develop a high-performing team of HR Business Partners
- Create, launch and maintain people strategies and programs that support Ibotta’s commitment to building a culture of high performance; including onboarding, performance management and employee engagement
- Create and deliver impactful training and development programs, including leadership development
- Lead headcount planning and forecasting by partnering with leaders to assess current and future talent needs, including organizational design
- Partner on compensation and benefits philosophy, planning and related processes
- Utilize people-related data to identify patterns and proactively propose solutions
- Influence and implement HR policies, processes, and tools
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in multiple states
- Be a champion of Ibotta’s culture and lead others through growth and change
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of progressive and varied HR experience, preferably in fast-paced, high growth environments
- 3+ years leading and developing a team of HR professionals
- Expert understanding of learning and development, coaching, performance management, employee relations, and employment law
- Well-developed leadership, communications, team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and provide candid feedback at all levels
- Ability to master complex business problems and the intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Positive attitude, responsible approach and a self-starter who’s not afraid to dive in and create impact
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
- B.S./B.A. in related field strongly preferred, advanced degree a plus
- Professional certification(s) in HR, Coaching and/or Training strongly preferred
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 24 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.