Director, People Operations
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
The head (Director) of People Operations leads the HR/People function. This role will work directly with Senior Management to manage and find ways to evolve People strategies that foster organization and people development. This a great opportunity within a dynamic company that has strong values shaping our everyday interactions and successes.
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and lead through our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Develop scalable people-related processes, operations, and solutions including but not limited to employment branding, talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, employee satisfaction/relations, learning and development, compensation, benefits, facilities, and compliance.
- Drive strategy to hire top talent into the organization. You will partner closely with leaders and hiring managers across the organization to report on progress, propose initiatives to improve talent acquisition programs & processes, find and implement efficiencies, propose and deliver recruitment-related training initiatives, drive creative pipeline building/sourcing strategies, and work with your team and Leadership to ensure hiring is a top priority.
- Play an instrumental role in helping drive one of our North Stars, Employee Satisfaction, including a sense of overall engagement, unity, cohesion, and trust.
- Supervise and develop the People Ops team; promote professional growth, and cross-training. Set objectives for the team and guide them through the process.
- Act as the first point of contact for People-related concerns, for all employees. Be a confidential and welcoming resource and develop strong relationships across the organization to strengthen People Ops' involvement.
- Continue to evolve organizational and learning & development programs to grow our team's capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Oversee the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews and evaluations.
- Assist with internal communications within the company to deliver important people-centric information.
- General management of the office, both administratively and office engagement plans, including, proactively analyzing office trends and metrics to develop plans to increase overall employee experience.
- Ensure the highest levels of data management, accuracy, and confidentiality for all People systems.
- Own HR compliance and assess readiness
- Work closely with the Finance/Operations team to ensure People Operations' initiatives and budget stays in sync with the company's operating and financial plan.
- We're an agile, dynamic company and the above responsibilities aren’t meant to be a complete list of all of the things you'll do
- Typically, 8+ years of progressive People Operations experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching a team of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Experience as an HR/People Operations Generalist
- Experience as a senior contributor or leader in Talent Acquisition
- Proven ability to create simple, sustainable and organized operations and processes.
- Ability to gracefully handle competing priorities simultaneously.
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Sound analytical skills
- The ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- The ability to translate company goals into the people capabilities needed to achieve such results.
- Outstanding follow through, self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative
- Great at giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of HR practices and principles
- Market Research or similar/related industry experience
- An advanced degree or HR certification (e.g., MBA, SPHR)