Director of Human Resources
As a pioneer in the emerging sector of FinTech, SALT launched a proprietary technology that operates a ﬁrst of its kind lending marketplace for blockchain-based assets. Its services offer membership-based borrowing that allow ﬁnancial institutions to get indirectly involved with this new asset class while giving consumers a way to leverage their blockchain-backed assets to secure cash loans – linking cryptocurrency with traditional lending models for the ﬁrst time. This business is first to market and moving at a fast pace to bring sophisticated products to the new market.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Human Resources will play an important role in building the company, its processes and executing a wide array of HR efforts.
- Leads HR team with administration of Human Resources policies, processes and procedures; makes recommendations for improvement and changes to maintain highest levels of employee satisfaction
- Manages onboarding process for new employees, including but not limited to coordination of first day activities, delivery of new hire orientation, assistance with new hires benefits selection and other new hire processes; performs periodic check-ins with new hires to ensure their continued success
- Works with COO, to ensure all paperwork for new hires, terminations, and employee changes is received and approved in a timely fashion
- Utilizes company HRIS to process paperwork and perform background checks and employment authorizations
- Carries out bi-weekly audits of timecards and coordination of payroll processes; works closely with the payroll department to ensure timely and accurate management of any discrepancies
- Reconciles monthly company headcount report reflecting recent staff changes; coordinates with CFO to review and finalize report.
- Assists with employee programs, including but not limited to research, coordination of vendors, and communications about program additions or changes.
- Produces monthly PTO balance report
- Conducts Ad Hoc reporting
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Performs some general clerical duties including but not limited to scheduling meetings, document creation, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years prior work experience in an HR organization and strong HR skills required
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience and understanding of Colorado human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and EEO compliance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage priorities and workflow, completing projects on or ahead of schedule
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Very proficient computer and internet user. Very strong skills on Microsoft Office Suite – advanced Excel skills a plus. Excited to learn more about blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies.
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals and cultures at all organizational levels
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures
- Prior experience with HRIS systems/databases such as Justworks a plus
- 3-5 years in regulated financial services company, preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
Benefits -- A few perks you can look forward to
- A bright, conveniently located office in Downtown Denver
- Free parking
- Catered lunch, daily!
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance, and 401K matching
Full-Time, Senior level. Approximately 40 hours a week. (M-F 9:00am - 6:00pm)
Denver Metro area, no relocation provided