Fulfillment (CX) Director
The Fulfillment (health benefits) team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to set customers up for success with benefits, payroll and compliance. Our team strives to positively influence businesses and employees throughout the United States. By seamlessly running payroll and managing health benefits, we enable our customers to focus on their businesses while we make key moments at work effortless.
Gusto is seeking a director on our Fulfillment Team based in Denver to empower operations teams in a growing division. He/she will be responsible for establishing strategic direction and an operating plan for the team, communicating and achieving clear objectives to build a better customer experience, and recruiting and developing a team of top-talent individuals and managers.
The pace at Gusto is fast and the landscape we’re playing in is ever-changing. We’re looking for a passionate people leader who is able to dive into the weeds and also navigate from 30k feet. We value leaders who possess a growth mindset and can build a trust-based environment with a sense of humor and authenticity.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Empower a team of both managers and individual contributors
- Anticipate and initiate change, demonstrate resilience, and help the team adapt
- Deliver ongoing feedback and coaching that is both challenging and supportive
- Ensure the team's work is aligned to short- and long-term Gusto objectives
- Clearly communicate decisions, reasons for decisions, and impact on the team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7-10 years of manager of managers experience in customer service, implementation, or operations
- Passionate about empowering high-performance teams
- Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering world class customer experience
- Experience delivering service to customers of technology platforms and familiarity with tools (Salesforce, ZenDesk)
- Ability to set strategy and articulate clear objectives at all levels
- A self-aware leader who knows their personal strengths, development areas, motivations, and impact
- Worked in a startup or tech environment
- Bonus points for benefits experience!
Here are the key deliverables and areas of ownership:
- Setting and achieving team OKRs and KPIs
- Own staffing model and recruit and retain a high performance team of individual contributors/PEs to meet the needs of the business
- Apply first principles, data-driven thinking to improve processes and scale
- Drive cross-functional projects and OKRs to have impact on Fulfillment, CX, and broader Gusto objectives
- Role model leadership attributes and help managers develop and perform
- Build relationships across Gusto and be a proactive partner by understanding other team’s goals, establishing and refreshing roles/responsibilities, aligning stakeholders around the problem we’re trying to solve, and thinking broadly about success
Here's the opportunity for the candidate:
- Build a growing team of managers and team members and own a business unit;
- Tackle some of the most complex operational components of health benefits;
- Make their mark in customer experience by delivering a high quality, fast, and easy experience; and
- Meaningfully contribute to gross margin reductions for the benefits business
- Positively affect people's lives by renewing their benefits
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.