VP of Finance
CampMinder is seeking an experienced VP of Finance to provide leadership in all financial aspects of the business, including helping to cultivate the strategy and the growth plan of the company.
With broad responsibility for the financial management of the company, the VP of Finance will lead and ensure the successful execution of all the company’s financial processes – including development of the annual and long-term budgets/forecasts – and will manage the company’s finance and accounting functions.
As a member of CampMinder’s Senior Leadership team, the VP of Finance will partner with leaders across departments to understand business needs, solve issues, and help define strategic priorities. In particular, they will apply their lens as steward of the company’s financial health to provide insights and analyses on the financial impact of operational and strategic initiatives, including contributing to pricing decisions with an eye toward profitability goals.
The right candidate for this role has an exceptional level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, as demonstrated by a commitment to the principles of conscious leadership. Most importantly, he or she will be innately aligned with CampMinder’s core values to Put Team First, Be Admirable, Own It, Find A Better Way, Give Joy, and Wonder and will reinforce a culture led by these values.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making as a member of the senior leadership team
- Provide forward-thinking financial insights and analyses for strategic initiatives, investments, opportunities, partnerships, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Continuously evaluate and assess company processes and initiatives with an eye towards financial health and profitability, raising awareness of opportunities for improvement and partnering with other leaders to devise solutions
- Establish a set of core financial objectives and indicators that align with the company’s long and short-term vision and goals; evaluate and report weekly, monthly, and annual data and develop it into actionable insights and recommendations
- Oversee, manage, and plan for the company’s needs in all areas of finance, accounting, cash, investment, and tax
- Oversee and manage the company’s accounting processes, including reconciliations and month-end close, as well as its day-to-day accounting functions
- Lead and manage annual and interim budgeting and forecasting cycles and partner with senior leaders to forecast revenue and expenses, including headcount requirements
- Own the financial model and budget, ensuring key stakeholders understand what/when/how they are empowered to invest, how changes to the plan impact the model, and how to adapt the budget to accommodate changes
- Partner with Talent & Culture to optimize compensation frameworks and benefit programs
- Proactively monitor and ensure the integrity of financial data within the company’s internal business systems
- Evaluate the need for supporting staff to fulfill departmental needs; select, hire, train, and manage team members and third-party resources as needed
- Oversee and maintain the company’s contract management systems and processes, including CampMinder’s client-facing contract acceptance platform (PactSafe)
- Understand, analyze, and mitigate key areas of the company’s risk profile
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, working with outside experts as needed and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders on implementation
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Oversee internal IT needs and maintain a holistic understanding of the internal business systems in use across the organization to ensure overall efficiency and cost-effectiveness
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years proven experience leading the finance and accounting functions for a recurring revenue SaaS business, with a track record of partnering across the business to achieve shared goals
- An entrepreneurial mindset, flexibility toward change, and creative “can do” approach
- Someone who sweats the details, with impeccable organizational and project management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and data to various audiences
- Ability to switch between strategic and tactical thinking seamlessly
- Tech-savvy; proficiency with various financial systems and productivity tools
- Experience with SalesForce.com, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com (or similar billing software)
- Experience in electronic payment processing industry, especially in a SaaS context, is a plus, but not required
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Since 2001, CampMinder has been creating fast, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with nearly 900 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a values-led, purpose-driven culture. The company has twice been named among the “Best Places to Work in America” by Outside Magazine and, in 2018, was named a Colorado Company to Watch, a statewide program recognizing companies that are developing valuable products and services, creating quality jobs, enriching communities, and contributing to the state’s economic growth.
Learn more by visiting http://www.campminder.com/culture/.