Travelers Haven is one of the nation’s fastest growing corporate housing companies and is based in Denver, CO. We are an on-demand, full-service housing firm that manages the entire short-term housing process. We offer the industry’s lowest prices, unparalleled customer support, and a full suite of tools and features to inform and optimize every housing program. Our brand-new high-rise office has a beautiful, uninterrupted view of the Rocky Mountains and is the epitome of the "work hard, play hard" mantra. We offer paid gym membership, organic fruit delivery, paid vacation, sick days and holidays, 401k, and medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. If you want to be a part of a team that is energized, dedicated, and motivated then this is the place for you.
About the Role:
Travelers Haven is looking for a VP of Finance & Accounting who is a great leader, strategic thinker, and will report directly to our CEO. You’ll be an integral part of our leadership team and will lead the management and oversight of all accounting, treasury, payroll, tax, and financial planning, analysis, and budgeting processes.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality and be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of all financial and accounting functions, including financial analysis and modeling, general ledger, cash management, tax strategy, and treasury relationships. The VP Finance & Accounting will lead a team of approximately 14 team members, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, credit, FP&A, and will be responsible for the following:
- Leadership of a high-performing accounting and finance function, combining daily operations with strategic thinking, attracting/retaining talent, and scaling the business at its rapid growth.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP. Implement ASC 606 and 842 in 2019.
- Manage the monthly 4-day close by ensuring preparation and disciplined process.
- Optimize accounting functions for efficiency and accuracy, including working with our development team and identifying/implementing software to remove manual workflows.
- Manage banking relationships, including compliance with debt covenants and obligations.
- Own the primary financial model of the company upon which key business decisions are made. Ensure the model produces accurate and predictive P&L and cash projections.
- Motivate and mentor a high-performing team of managers and professionals.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
- 10+ years or progressive experience working within all aspects of accounting/finance functions.
- CPA with public accounting experience a strong plus.
- Prior experience working in a growth phase company while directly reporting to the CEO is a plus.
- Previous experience implementing new systems, processes, and environments.
- An independent, self-motivated personality with a strong work ethic and sense of ownership.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.