Tax Accounting Manager
The Tax Manager is an integral member of Ibotta’s accounting team. This individual will be the Company’s first tax professional and will be responsible for shaping and transforming the strategy and long-term direction of the tax department. This professional will oversee all areas of tax compliance and will work with current external advisors to transition various compliance in-house. The ideal candidate has proven performance in scaling a tax department and has worked in a high growth environment implementing controls and establishing formal processes. This position will work closely with legal, payroll, the FP&A team, and will report directly to the Controller.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee all tax filings and ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements.
- Oversee, and to the extent possible prepare, federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Work with payroll and legal to determine proper registration and remittance of payroll taxes.
- Review sales tax applicability and propose tax treatment based on risk based assessment.
- Analyze and file property/use tax returns as required.
- Advise on tax implications for stock options and comply with annual filings.
- Research tax issues and respond to IRS and State Tax inquiries.
- Prepare annual tax provision in conjunction with year-end audit.
- Manage tax credits and suggest other strategic tax initiatives.
- Create and maintain tax calendar and state tax matrix for compliance and NEXUS.
- Oversee 1099 filing and tracking process.
- Proactively make suggestions regarding future tax considerations including tax implications on new business/employment decisions
- Work cross functionally with other departments.
What we're looking for:
- BS or Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
- CPA required; advanced degree a plus.
- 8+ years progressive tax experience. Minimum 2 years in a supervisory/management role.
- 2+ years public accounting experience.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions, and external constituencies.
- Proficient with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including the use of VLookup Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions as well as ambition to learn internal systems. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; highly self-motivated with the ability to produce creative solutions.
- Highly organized, meticulously attentive to detail, and able to set priorities.
- Anticipates and meets business demands in a fast-paced environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, equity compensation, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and flexible PTO.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.