Sr. Technical Revenue Accountant
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, contracts admin, finance , and Sales Operations on non-standard contract review and special terms on order form to determine revenue impact and provide solutions to maximize revenue and assist with closing deals.
- Research, evaluate, and prepare technical revenue accounting memos
- Assist in the calculation and/or review of revenue to be recognized on significant revenue arrangements. Record revenue entries related to non-standard revenue transactions.
- Partner with revenue and accounts receivable GL operations with month end close, SOX 404 compliance and responding to external auditor’s request, as required.
- Lead and assist with ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s or above Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required, Big 4 & accounting operations experience preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in technical accounting Excellent knowledge of revenue accounting pronouncements
- Experience in new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606) is a must
- Experienced in writing complex technical accounting position papers
- Proficient with MS excel and PowerPoint
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast paced environment with attention to details
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations.
- NetSuite, Zuora, and Salesforce a plus