Sr Data Analyst - Finance
The experienced data and financial analyst who wants to work on the cutting-edge of technology with an established organization will find their dream career as a Senior Financial Analyst. This is the dream role for someone whose passion is data, finance, and analysis. This individual loves digging into big data with the purpose of understanding, analyzing, forecasting, and problem-solving complex issues within an organization. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter. The position requires the ability to be flexible and to quickly deliver ad-hoc analysis in a fast-paced environment. If you have an analytical mind and an appreciation for finance and data, then join us today and see where your skills can take you.
- Ensure data is accurate and consistently maintained; troubleshoot inconsistencies
- Analyze data to identify data anomalies, draw conclusions, and determine scope of impact
- Lead the monthly analysis of new and renewal bookings by evaluating complex custom contracts and system data to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Build and visualize data, dashboards, and presentations using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to make the data readily available for cross functional use for stakeholders and decision makers of all levels
- Work cross-functionally with the Business Intelligence team to ensure appropriate use of both developed and source data, and that underlying data is maintained for reporting integrity
- Conduct detailed analysis of the source systems as new trends arise, actively solving issues while working cross functionally with data owners
- Lead in the preparation of the annual budgets and monthly reforecasts of bookings
- Identify key business drivers and impacts based on financial results, including detailed variance analysis to budget and prior forecast
- Lead the compilation of monthly reporting to the Board
- Present financial information to other members of the finance team, CFO, and senior leadership in the organization
- Provide insight on trends in data and finance that create financial risks and opportunities toward the company's goals
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce.com, and Apttus
- Strong communication skills and priority management for cross-functional, multi-level collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to generate strong relationships – likes being a go-to person
- Self-starter with exceptional critical and analytical thinking abilities
- Proficient understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Proven approach to problem solving and the ability to synthesize insights from data
- High ownership of work product and dedication to driving business results
- Eagerness to adjust to rapidly-changing business priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in data and financial analysis with a SaaS metric-based company
- 3+ years of analytical and financial modeling
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Has a track-record of creating complex formulas in Microsoft Excel to automate the use of the data
- Has experience creating queries and reports using Business Intelligence software like Business Objects
- MBA or other graduate degree in Finance related field preferred
- 7+ years progressive finance experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis
- Working knowledge of Apttus
- Has a track-record of writing complex queries in SQL
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.