Sr Capital Accountant
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
As a Sr. Capital Accountant, you will be working closely with the Capital Accounting Manager and Director of Capital to ensure financials statements comply with US GAAP. This role will be responsible for managing the CIP Accounts, Fixed Asset Accounts, and Construction Services in the General Ledger and Sub-ledger. This is a hands-on position in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Monthly reconciliations of various accounts related to capital reporting.
- Monthly variance analysis of capital accounts; research and resolve variances.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close as it relates to Capital reporting.
- Partner with Corporate Accounting for both internal and external reporting, including quarter/year-end audit schedules and requests.
- Support Capital Manager, Directors, and Controllers on projects, process improvements and workflow documentations.
- Work effectively with the Capital team to meet tight deadlines.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years relevant accounting experience showing progressive growth in related accounting role.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, WIP (Work in Progress).
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must have experience in complex reconciliations, including sub-ledger to GL reconciliation.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills are required.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; must be able to multi-task and have high energy with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus.
- Experience with Oracle financial systems or Salesforce are a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave