Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
As a Sr Accountant, you will be responsible for examining financial statements and ensure that they comply with US GAAP. Maintain lease schedules, reconciliation of operating and capital lease balance sheet accounts including deferred and straight line rents. Prepare lease support for financial audits. Manage Month End close – Heavy GL, Journal Entry Preparation and Entry, including necessary accruals. You will be responsible for project accounting, fixed assets/construction in process, intercompany, variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management and working with AP/AR function to ensure accuracy. You will assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management and suggest ways to reduce costs, increase revenue and maximize profits.
- Manage Month End close – Heavy GL, Journal Entry Preparation and Entry, including necessary accruals.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analytics.
- Variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management and working with AP/AR function to ensure accuracy.
- Partner with FP&A to assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management, suggest ways to reduce costs, increase revenue and maximize profits.
- Partner with FP&A for both internal and external reporting.
- Support Accounting manager and controller on projects, process improvements and workflow documentations.
- A team-player with a positive attitude and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A self-motivator with a focus on continuous process improvement and developing efficient ways to support the business.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with Oracle, sales force a plus.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- A self-motivator taking the initiative to look into details and propose efficient ways to improve the financials.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave