HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr Accountant with 5-7 years’ experience, to join our team. The position will include Recons, and journal entries along with financial reporting, (balance sheet, income statements, etc), among others. Someone that can hit the ground running and efficiently handle a high-volume environment is ideal.
Senior accountant who maintains high levels of responsibility for a variety of accounting tasks and projects, many of which require critical thinking and a strong understanding of accounting principles/rules/regulations. Role will report directly to the Manager of SEC Reporting and offer significant amounts of interaction with a number of different personnel at varying levels across the business, including parent company shared services teams.
- Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end close in accordance with monthly close schedule.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Manage non-controlling interest entries and reporting
- Assist with overseeing the quarterly reporting package preparation including validation that reports tie, resolving issues from the reporting team, tracking when completed
- Assist with managing timing of closing activities and accounting project, communicating with the accounting team and accounting managers
- Assist with preparation of the statements of cash flows for all entities including assistance with resolving questions that arise from the reporting team
- Prepare Stock based compensation journal entries and other equity entries and reconcile the equity accounts for each entity
- Review of certain corporate departments to ensure proper classification.
- Work closely with the finance department to review budget-actual analyses to ensure department budgets are appropriately accounted for.
- Assist with other reporting responsibilities, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and assistance with SEC filings as directed by the Manager of SEC Reporting.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed, including annual update of SOX narratives.
- Interact with personnel across the business with the ability/willingness to employ critical thinking and analytical skills to understand transaction-level details, timing and process flow across the Company’s procurement and general ledger systems.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field is required.
- Experience in reconciling balance sheet accounts investigating differences.
- Track record for improving processes to increase accuracy and improve efficiency
- Experience in technical accounting research and proposing accounting treatment for business transactions.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in general accounting, with minimum of 4-6 years experience in general ledger and month-end close accounting; public accounting experience is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, mathematics, analytics, and month-end close processes.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.
- Skills in complex problem solving, professional judgment, critical thinking and decision making are required.
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with Excel, Outlook, Netsuite, software preferred.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner while maintaining effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in team environments.
- Ability to piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations simultaneously.