Due to an internal promotion, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Shared Services GL team, supporting our North American Components business unit. Prior experience working with inventory accounting is ideal.
Under limited review, and as a seasoned, experienced professional with full understanding of accounting principles, evaluates more complex transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information. Responsible for the completion of complex balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. Identifies process problems and proposes improvements or course of action. Research accounting literature.
● Calculates, reviews and processes journal entries
● Complete complex reconciliations and income statement analysis - specifically around inventory accoutning issues
● Support and or participate on special projects. Leads projects of low complexity, developing project leadership skills.
● Responsible for producing, reviewing, analyzing and issuing periodic reporting on general subject matter
● Demonstrates an understanding of various accounting processes and identify root causes and areas for improvements.
● Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
● Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
● Solves a range of straightforward problems
● Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
● Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year Accounting degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Inventory Accounting experience is strongly preferred.