Greater Denver Area
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join its growing People Operations team. Reporting to the Global Payroll and Benefits Manager, the Payroll Specialist will play a key role in scaling the payroll function in the US, Turkey, Ireland and Brazil in addition to managing day-to-day administration of Udemy’s equity plan. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of US payroll experience, strong attention to detail, a desire to learn, and a ‘can do’ attitude. Experience with Workday Payroll is a plus.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Provide a high level of customer service to current and former employees on payroll and equity administration questions.
- Develop and maintain employee resources related to timesheets, payroll policies and procedures, and equity administration.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for 400+ US employees by consolidating payroll documentation and entering changes timely and accurately in Workday Payroll.
- Upload and reconcile high-volume payroll changes including expenses, commissions, commuter benefits and 401(k) deferral elections.
- Manage the end-to-end timesheet administration process including employee reminders, follow-ups, adjustments and reconciliations against payroll.
- Assist with US payroll tax compliance by tracking federal, state and local tax agency notices and resolving with ADP SmartCompliance.
- Partner with the Payroll Manager and local People Team members to prepare monthly international payroll for Ireland, Turkey and Brazil.
- Administer employee equity transactions in Carta including the upload and release of employee grants, leaves of absence, terminations, reporting and exercise processing.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve day-to-day payroll and equity processes.
We're excited about you because you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years of US payroll processing experience.
- An analytical mindset and strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude for learning new systems.
- Comfort with common Excel functions like VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Ability to partner effectively with a diverse group of colleagues across many functions and countries.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Desire to gain experience in international payroll and equity.
- Stock plan administration experience a plus.
- Workday Payroll experience a plus.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description