Gusto is on a mission to create a world where work empowers a better life. Our all-in-one solution for payroll, benefits and HR takes the stress out of a complex topic and allows any company to be a wonderful place to work. We envision a future where HR helps millions of people foster better relationships at work and payroll is a celebration rather than a transaction.
Ever wonder what it’s like to be able to see anyone as a potential business partner and work at a place where you’re surrounded by people who are experts in your field? This a unique opportunity for someone to make a large, direct impact on our company’s business operations and success. Not only will you be providing great customer service to our employees and procure timely, accurate payrolls, but your payroll expertise is seen as an asset at Gusto. We are looking for a detail oriented, tech savvy individual who will be responsible for our day-to-day internal payroll operations.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Respond to internal employee payroll inquiries in a timely manner and help fulfill any reporting requests.
- Work closely with our HR team to coordinate payroll processing and resolve any benefit or payroll related discrepancies.
- Help maintain data accuracy in relevant business systems.
- Be hands-on with month-end close processes by procuring payroll journal entries and assist with general ledger account reconciliations and analysis.
- Provide support for our annual 401(k), Worker’s Comp and financial audits.
- Assist with the the review and reconciliation of our quarterly tax filings, as well as the review of our annual W-2 forms prior to distribution.
- Fine tune internal procedures to help maintain proper internal controls and increase payroll accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform other duties and assignments within the Accounting department on an ad hoc basis.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience.
- Can provide the highest level of customer service to our employees.
- Critical thinking mindset and strong prioritization skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and private information at all times.
- Comfortable communicating in a very professional manner to employees at all levels of the org and has solid written communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate skill level in Excel.
- Ability to learn new business systems easily.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Business is a plus.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.