Operations Process Specialist
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Operations Strategy and Solutions team supports Operations @ OnDeck by focusing on Special Projects, Project Management, Data, Reporting and Analysis, Procedure/Policy Writing, and Operations Support. The new OSS team will be working on special Ops-wide projects and this person will be instrumental in setting the new team's mandate, understand today's Ops process, working on improvements, and documentation. This is a great chance to join an exciting team at an exciting company.
The Operations Process Specialist is responsible for writing and optimizing the process to generate Operations Procedures and Policies. The Specialist is responsible for working directly with Operations Management, subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders to develop and present material, ensuring the documents are delivered on time, in a compliant fashion, and meet/exceed the standards expected by the team that own, execute, and use them.
As the Operations Process Specialist at OnDeck, you will:
- Optimize the process to generate and maintain Operations Procedures and Policies to reduce time and effort, while improving the consistency in content and effectiveness
- Establish and maintain strong, transparent, and effective day to day working relationships between Operations management and internal stakeholders (such as the Compliance and Legal teams)
- Ensure the documents developed are of high quality, implemented effectively, and meet established deliverable deadlines
- Work closely with departments summarized above to create documentation that meets the regulatory/compliance and process/procedure requirements directly related to operational processes and business objectives
- Work closely with Training and Quality Assurance departments
- Develop/refine templates and systems/tools utilized to streamline document generation and maintenance and improve effectiveness of procedures and policies
- Collaborate with Operations Management and internal stakeholders to prioritize implementation of incremental improvement.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Experience in the Financial Industry required.
- Responsible for guidance and leadership in the generation of the regulatory/compliance and operational procedure/policy.
- Prior procedure and/or policy writing experience a must
- Experienced with presentations of written material
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and stay focused in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Energized by entrepreneurial environment and a less structured workplace
- Strong customer service focus
- Persistent, resilient, organized and detail oriented
- Team player who can roll up their sleeves and get involved in everything from big projects to mundane, simple tasks - A true go-getter!
- Not easily frazzled and strong time management skills during busy and slower periods throughout the day
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify issues and make recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.)
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Office Learning & Development Training. Community Involvement.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
* WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
* Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
* Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
* Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
* Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 * Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
* Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
* Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
* Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
* Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**