Manager, General Ledger
Manager, General Ledger
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Belmont, Charlotte or Denver
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware¬–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in cloud-based communications.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $3.5 billion. With a $500 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1 billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes after recent earnings:
- Jeffries: "Firing on all cylinders."
- Morgan Stanley: "Near flawless execution. Succeeding where others are stumbling."
- Bank of America-Merrill Lynch: "Enterprise traction still in the early innings; accelerating subscription revenues."
The General Ledger Manager will report to the Senior Manager and will be responsible for several areas within the General Ledger function, the month end process and management reporting package. They will help our finance function
Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; assisting with regulatory
- reporting as applicable
- Preparing and reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Maintaining the general ledger system
- Review monthly prepaid and fixed asset roll forwards and related schedules
- Review and monitor accounts payable sub ledger details and aging
- Review bank reconciliations and corporate credit card reconciliations
- Assist with the quarterly review and annual audit
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal financial controls and procedures.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Lead ad hoc projects and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Manage and develop staff of three individuals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS Accounting
- Minimum 3 years in the General Ledger function
- Minimum 3 years in a management position at a publicly traded company
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience of working with NetSuite and large ERP is a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.