Manager, Corporate Development
ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI) is a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. ANGI Homservices operates 12 brands globally, including HomeAdvisor, Angie's List, and Handy, among others. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product! We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
The Manager, Corporate Development is responsible for advising senior management on strategic partnership and M&A activity. This role is responsible for evaluating potential acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities, and participating in execution and integration efforts. This position will report into the Vice President of Corporate Development and play a key role in the strategic direction of ANGI Homeservices.
- Develop and maintain strong industry and competitive knowledge
- Build and maintain valuation and financial models
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional due diligence efforts
- Prepare presentations that follow a logically reasoned, data supported approach, allowing executives to understand detailed analyses in the context of an overarching business case
- Actively participate in enhancing Corporate Development practices and processes
Key Attributes Needed for Success
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours. Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple business partners.
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value.
- Clarity of thought – strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and build consensus / receive buy-in from Executive leadership.
- Team Oriented – Able to earn trust and influence and motivate without authority. Capable of leading others, working independently, and earning respect and credibility from Executives through knowledge, execution ability, inclusiveness, and effective communications.
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action.
- Resilient – independent problem solver with ability to overcome roadblocks or other obstacles and pursue and close complex deals.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience related to corporate development, M&A, financial modeling and analysis and strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence effectively across various departments
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in transactions
- Experience in the home services sector a plus
- Experience working with Capital IQ, FactSet, or similar products
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.