Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
- Manage the planning, execution, and tracking of global close related activities.
- Manage accounting operations including the general ledger team, accounts payable and T&E, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of transaction processing and month/quarter-end close.
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for oversight of all intercompany transactions and processes, including compliance with Intercompany Transfer Pricing agreements, as well as the completeness and accuracy of the Intercompany accounts.
- Maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts.
- Participate in the development of strategies to improve accounting operations effectiveness, including the development and execution of organizational, process and system changes.
- Assist with financial audit preparation/support
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required, CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years practical work experience and familiarity with areas of intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, multi-currency consolidations, and financial reporting.
- Solid understanding of general ledger systems and foreign currency translation.
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus.
- Big 4 Accounting firm background strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
Solid organizational skills: task prioritization and effective time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organization.
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel Outlook, Word, Excel (ability to perform pivots, V-lookups and other functions with Excel).
- Intacct experience preferred.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer