newmedia is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our dynamic team! You will play a critical role in transforming the day-to-day operations as the company undergoes rapid growth.
The Junior Accountant position will manage all aspects of accounts receivables and accounts payable including billing, collections, payment posting, vendor invoice coding, data input into QuickBooks and processing payable runs in addition to other related duties as assigned.
Roles & Responsibilties
- Responsible for review and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process and verify bi-weekly payroll through Intuit.
- Responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping and monthly reporting in QuickBooks.
- Invoice clients through FreshBooks.
- Manage commissions for salespeople.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end tax reporting.
- Verify employee vacation and PTO accruals, and adjust as needed.
- Assist with tracking and payments of reimbursement expenses to employees.
- Assist Sales team with invoicing and payments.
- Run various reports for C-level executives.
- Partner with VP of People Services in overseeing insurance plans, enrollments, payments each month, and government filings e.g. ACA.
- Collect pertinent information for third party audits.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Serve as main point of contact for financial inquiries.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred.
- 2+ years experience.
- QuickBooks online experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, show adaptability and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be a self-directed and detail oriented individual.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills in initiative through research and drive.
- Comfortable working in open environment.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.