Jr Financial Analyst
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo is seeking an upwardly mobile Jr. Financial Analyst to join the Customer Service/IT organization. Responsibilities will include generating, analyzing and drawing conclusions from financial data, and training and enforcing financial processes and best practices. This role will also require partnering with various teams within the organization, including senior leaders, to obtain information and meet goals in a deadline-driven environment. The Jr. Financial Analyst will have ample opportunities to develop a strong foundational skillset for a career at Zayo, and to use this skillset as a springboard for advancement within the organization. This role will also have significant exposure to senior leadership. As such, the ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, initiative and drive to learn and grow, as well as the ability to succeed under pressure.
- Work with teams within the segment to prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, forecasting, and reporting of financial and business performance
- Support decision-making and strategic planning activities, serving as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business
- Help to prepare and maintain monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and reporting records of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals, initiatives and objectives
- Understand, utilize, and maximize Zayo’s data, Oracle Financials, and Salesforce capabilities to interpret financial results and draw simple conclusions from complex data.
- Assist with managing monthly business analyses with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close and reporting responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of presentations of financial and operational business results and analysis, including presentations for senior leaders.
- Assist with training, enforcement and tracking of financial best practices
- Other financial and operational analysis and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or other analytical field
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills: ability to define problems, synthesize complex data and draw valid conclusions, and present these conclusions to leaders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work extended hours (some evenings and weekends, when necessary) and achieve results in a deadline driven environment
- Strong sense of teamwork and mentoring highly desired, with a drive for learning and growth
- High energy individual with strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and desire to develop a skillset that will pave the way for advancement through many different paths within Zayo
- Must be a self-motivator and possess the maturity to successfully interact with and deliver results for senior leadership
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Oracle Financials a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave