Freight Payment Specialist
Arrow Electronics is seeking an energetic and experienced Freight Payment Specialist to join our team in Centennial, CO. You will be responsible for freight bill audits and payment analytics/reporting.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for day to day freight payment tasks and management of Arrow’s Account with a third-party freight bill audit and payment provider and post audit provider.
- Role is primarily focus on management and continuous improvement of freight payment processes including, but not limited to, carrier aging, invoice validation, check coding, Duty and tax audit, accounts payable audit and post audit.
- Ad hoc analysis / reporting used to identify savings opportunities from the freight payment data.
- Assist Transportation Manager in developing stronger audit controls through match files & spot audits.
- Manage freight contracts with Freight payment provider for all carriers.
- Identify best practices for freight audit and create / improve SOP’s on carrier aging, invoice validation, check coding, Duty and tax audit, accounts payable audit and post audit.
- Work with freight payment provider to improve canned reporting available to the team through their website.
- Improve the validation process for all freight payments made by freight payment provider, valid Arrow invoice, contracted rate applied, correct business unit coding
- Identify root cause analysis when audits recognize invalid shipments, rates, business units
- Review freight payment details and be able to spot negative trends as they occur.
- Report monthly savings resulting from audit controls
What You'll Need:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Supply Chain finance / transportation operations
- Experience working with small parcel, ocean, air freight, LTL shipments, carriers, rate structures and billing
- Experience working with third party freight bill audit and payment and post audit providers
- Strong Analytical skills, ability to retrieve, manipulate and present data
- Strong project management, time management and multitasking skills with adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to thrive in a high pace environment
- Strong MS Access, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience working with a TMS, WMS and other Supply Chain systems a plus
What's In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a robust benefits package (http://benefits.arrow.com)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k, with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement (HRA) options
- Growth opportunities
- Short-term/Long-term disability insurance
- Discounted RTD passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek exit)
- On-site café with catering option for busy lifestyles
- 24/7/365 on-site gym and lockers, free for use to all employees!
- Bike racks
- And more!
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. With 2018 sales of $30 billion, through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 200,000 leading technology manufacturers. A Fortune 113 company with 20,000 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics. Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life.