Director, Corporate Development
Are you passionate about bringing value to business through the entire Merger & Acquisition (M&A) lifecycle, from due-diligence through transaction execution and post-deal integration?
Does advising and supporting a growth company in a fast-paced M&A environment, delivering bold strategic goals, while managing complex projects interest you?
Would you like to utilize your experience to advise on the organizational and operational dimensions of integrations and acquisitions, including development of future organization designs, leadership and talent management strategies, workforce transition, cultural transformation, and implementing best-in-class communication strategies?
What you will do in this role:
Lead company-wide cross-functional initiatives focused on strategic acquisitions and other key operational programs under the guidance of and in collaboration with KPA’s Chief Financial Officer. You will support KPA in the following areas:
- Lead the efforts in all aspects of the acquisition process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale and pitch, financial modeling, due diligence, and post-close integration.
- Manage KPA’s M&A initiatives as the day-to-day project lead on acquisitions, integrations, and strategic expansion.
- Plan, conduct and manage the due diligence process for potential acquisition candidates, marshaling the necessary KPA resources and driving the activities of cross-functional teams to ensure successful acquisitions.
- Create and execute post-acquisition integration plans, utilizing ‘best-in-class’ acquisition and integration playbooks.
- Work with senior-level executives to ensure allocation and prioritization of shared resources.
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring.
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Effectively communicate and work with all cross-functional groups within KPA from signing the term sheet to post-close integration
- Perform detailed financial analysis and develop comprehensive pro forma financial models and valuation in support of potential transactions
- Monitor trends and conduct internal and external research to better understand business processes and identify potential synergies between companies
- Facilitate cross-functional teams in assessing, quantifying and planning the acquisition projects to deliver business value
- Prepare strategic presentations for KPA executive team and board
- Collaborate with KPA’s lead investor to identify and assess acquisition opportunities and manage a pipeline that supports KPA's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders and external advisors, such as investment bankers and industry analysts
- Evaluate the synergies of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus
- Assist in the culture assessment and alignment of acquired companies
- Identify and track KPIs post-acquisition
- Engage with senior-level executives to drive priority strategic initiatives, working with other exceptional professionals across the range of KPA products and services
- Report on progress and provide regular updates to the Executive Leadership Team and M&A Steering committee
- Track progress and measure the effectiveness of KPA’s M&A strategy
- Share M&A best practice with other members across the organization to build internal knowledge
- Contribute to other strategic projects, under the guidance of KPA’s CEO and CFO
• Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience in corporate development, venture capital / private equity, investment banking, and/or strategic finance roles
• Experience with M&A, including due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, target screening, integration planning & execution, and post-merger integration
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including with C-level executives and at industry events
• Self-motivated, self-starter
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
• Previous experience in project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
• Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
• Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking