Customer Experience Specialist- Accounting
What is Customer Experience?
Made up of global teams, our Xero product experts are based in the US, AU, NZ, and the UK our internationally award-winning Customer Experience (CX) team work together to delight our customers by providing outstanding software support to users.
What you'll do
We help our customers take ownership of their business by providing human support for our accounting software. As a CX specialist, you will be investigating and responding to email queries sent in by customers when they encounter issues with our software or just need a helping hand to get something done. We aim to give each customer prompt, helpful and easy to understand information to help them get back up and running ASAP. No day at Xero will be quite the same. As you build your product knowledge there will be continual opportunities to upskill and specialize in the areas that interest you.
Our people are Xero Gurus with a great understanding of small businesses and brilliant customer service skills. Each CX specialist brings their own personality and experiences to the role. We celebrate diversity and encourage our people to be themselves and add their own flavor to the way we engage with our customers - this is what we call the "Xero Voice". What we all do have in common is our genuine approach to customer care, skills, and in-depth product knowledge (don't worry we're keen to teach you the product knowledge part!)
Success looks like
- Timely, accurate and helpful responses to customer support tickets as per the agreed targets.
- Efficient escalation of priority issues to assist in the prompt resolution of these.
- Feedback of required improvements to the Xero accounting application and its associated service delivery platform to the Customer Experience Improvement Manager.
What you'll bring with you
- Proven experience in accounting or working with accounting software (i.e. accounting degree or business degree with significant accounting classes, experience as a user of Xero or equivalent product, CPA experience, past bookkeeping experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- HIGH energy and enthusiasm about life!
- A mature and passionate approach to doing great work
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Initiative and ability to self-manage, along with flexibility
- Confidence with Microsoft Excel, Word and some experience with other small business accounting systems
- Ability to build effective relationships
- An affinity for being a team player who pro-actively assists other team members
Why you'll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares.
So if you want to hear more and get the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
This is a non-exempt, full time position based in Denver. You must be able to start June 17, 2019.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.