Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo has an amazing opportunity for a dynamic Collections Specialist to join our fast-growing software company. This position will report to our Manager, Accounts Receivable who will invest time in the professional growth and development of the selected candidate. The team is directly engaged in the quote-to-cash process from initially evaluating customer credit line requests, processing orders to be invoiced, collection of accounts receivable, and application of customer payments.
- Establish and maintain client relationships (internal and external) providing world class service for every transaction and interaction.
- Contact clients proactively to prevent past due account balances (50+ phone calls per day).
- Coordinate effective resolution of past due invoices and escalate customer issues with internal stakeholders.
- Resolve unapplied payments or misapplied payments for assigned accounts.
- Review, compile, and ensure completion of necessary account adjustments, write-offs, and offsets of credit memos or unapplied payments.
- Maintain and update account records for changes to customer information such as name changes, bill-to and ship-to addresses, etc.
- Assist billing team when needed to ensure accurate and timely billing and coordinate discussions.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in business discipline – Accounting, Finance, Administration (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
- Customer service experience or business-to-business collections experience preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and is flexible and adaptable to competing priorities.
- Software knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required.