Hotel Engine Controller
About the Company:
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based, high-growth travel tech company that focuses on one goal — to make lodging management easier for businesses. We have customized hotel reservation and management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of both large and small companies. Our team is made up of technology fanatics and hotel industry aficionados whose sole purpose is to make booking hotels for business better — all the while providing rates that are up to 60% less than public rates.
About the Role:
We are searching for a highly motivated Controller to lead a growing team and manage all aspects of the company’s financial statements, including technical accounting analysis, a 4-day monthly close, treasury, and tax compliance. This position reports directly to the VP of Accounting & Finance, with high visibility and interaction with leaders throughout the company.
- Manage accounting operations, including A/R collections, A/P controls, daily bank reconciliations, and flow of transactions in a high-volume environment.
- Coach, inspire, and lead a growing accounting team.
- Manage accuracy of financial statements, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Optimize the monthly the close process, ensuring a 4-day close.
- Create a general ledger accounting structure that scales to accommodate growth in types of clients, transactions, departments, and regions.
- Manage the annual audit, performed by a Big 4 audit firm.
- Manage the company’s credit acceptance and collections policies.
- Assist with tax strategy and filings, including state, federal, and local requirements.
- Perform technical accounting analyses to substantiate proper accounting treatment of various transactions. Includes implementation of ASC 606.
- Identify and lead process improvements and optimization of NetSuite functionality.
- Implement risk-based control framework.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- B.A. in Accounting and an active CPA is required.
- Over 10 years of progressive accounting experience, including prior experience in a Controllership role.
- Combination of public and private accounting experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience in a high-volume transaction company is preferred.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
What we provide:
- Many opportunities to make an impact
- Unlimited Vacation & paid sick time
- 2 paid days for volunteer time
- Stocked kitchen with fruit and snacks
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid gym membership, discounted wireless plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities