Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Zayo is seeking a Controller to join the team and handle a broad range of functions. Reporting to the CFO and managing a team of 10 or more, this position provides leadership and coordination of the company’s accounting functions. This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves position. Successful candidates will have a passion for effectiveness and efficiency, as well as working within a team.
- Responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the accounting operations.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account analysis, budget vs. actual analysis on a period basis, prepare various cash, financial, and capitalization reports, also on a period basis.
- Handle GL, payroll, commissions, accounts payable, fixed assets, revenue, and lease accounting.
- Compile and analyze financial information.
- Manage monthly and quarterly close processes including schedules to auditors, general ledger account variance explanations, and other schedules necessary for close.
- Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develop, where necessary, effective control procedures to supplement Corporate and Segment procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Strong analytical, reconciliation, AP, AR, GL, and financial reporting skills.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a similar role, including supervisory experience.
- Must have an excellent understanding of government reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Public Accounting experience a plus.
- Telecom industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Oracle/FRX system/Microsoft Dynamics strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong sense of teamwork and proven ability to mentor staff.
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively.
- High energy, strong work ethic, and the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people.
- Must have professional demeanor and ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.