Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Zayo is seeking a Capital Accountant to join its Accounting department to handle a broad range of functions.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Reconcile accounts for Capex related accounts (assets & liabilities).
- Perform fixed asset related entries including depreciation, retirements and disposals.
- Project analysis to ensure correct capitalization policies are followed.
- Perform Construction-in-Process and Cost of Goods Sold accruals analysis and journal entries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree in accounting or finance with 2-4 years relevant accounting experience.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical, judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Strong sense of teamwork is highly desired.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, especially at month end.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-motivator.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.