Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- You will be the company’s thought leader and subject matter expert when it comes to U.S. GAAP and application of accounting standards. You will work collaboratively with our Finance Department and cross-functionally with our senior leaders when it comes to customer & vendor contracts, internal control procedures & IPO readiness. You will also manage many parts of the accounting cycle to ensure that GoSpotCheck maintains and improves upon its financial well-being.
What We'll Achieve
- Our Co-Founders, Managers and Investors will have clear and accurate financial insights thanks to your on-point reporting and thoughtful analysis along the way.
- Your knowledge and interpretation of current U.S. GAAP will enable the company to stay in compliance with all accounting standards.
- Your experience with internal controls will help set the company up for future growth, success, and compliance.
- The Accounting Team will continue to be an enablement team that everyone goes running to, not running from.
- As an eight year-old company, we’ll work together to keep refining our processes, and internal controls, to establish overarching best practices.
- The Accounting Team will increase in size with the company, providing opportunity for professional development and new responsibilities.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of accounting experience, and are well versed in full-cycle accounting and U.S. GAAP research and interpretation: revenue recognition, expense amortization, internal control procedures, financial statement preparation and analysis (ME, Q, YE), etc.
- You are “GAAP-centric,” and are always thinking about where/how transactions will hit the financial statements and how risks can be mitigated with proper internal controls.
- Excel is your best friend: data manipulation, pivot tables, lookups, index match.
- You sleep better knowing that you are on top of the reporting timelines, and that everything should be done on schedule thanks to your proactive approach.
- You realize that not everyone in the company is an accountant, and it doesn’t throw you into a tailspin when they do something wrong.
- You want to be part of a team that gets it done; whatever tasks need to be completed, you are happy to help.
- You’re able to focus on what’s really crucial to the financial well-being of GoSpotCheck, and don’t get caught up with less important variances.
- Quiet accounting offices with no windows bore you, and you yearn to be around your coworkers.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Bonus points for CPA or master’s degree.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description