Assistant Controller- Revenue
Greater Boulder Area
Job Position: Assistant Controller - Revenue
Position Location: Louisville, CO
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
Since 1989, our platforms, tools, components, and support have been used across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, entertainment, and manufacturing, to deliver value and reduce risk. From API management, web and mobile, embeddable analytics, static and dynamic analysis to open source support, we have the software essentials to innovate with confidence. To do that, we need exceptional people on our team.
We are searching for an Assistant Controller - Revenue, who is a team player, willing to be hands-on, able to manage a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis, able to consistently meet deadlines, supervise and manage a team of 5-7 direct and indirect reports. In addition to working with a great team, we offer highly competitive medical, dental, life, and 401(k) benefits.
- AR and Revenue
- Manage the sales order review process to ensure proper execution of orders and revenue treatment. Includes evaluating the proper carve out of license revenue versus support revenue and related VSOE testing.
- Manage the AR invoicing team; ensure invoices are accurate and sent timely to customers in accordance with our internal SLAs; ensure internal and external questions/comments/requests are being addressed timely.
- Assist team as needed during high volume times with sales order and AR review.
- Review customer contracts for proper revenue recognition and key terms.
- Review or prepare revenue related reporting schedules and ad hoc reports.
- Responsible for annual VSOE testing and assist Controller in implementation of ASC 606.
- Manage cash collection team
- Ensure cash forecasting and reporting is performed timely and efficiently;
- Monitor AR aging buckets ensuring reduction in aged receivables and provide KPIs monthly.
- Month-end Close
- Perform, review, and complete certain month-end close procedures and reconciliations; including but not limited to revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and sales tax payable.
- Ensure that financial transactions are correctly recorded through the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide analysis on actual versus plan and prior year revenue and bookings numbers and explain variances.
- Work closely with Controller, CFO, other accounting staff, and salespeople to provide reports, analyses, and other ad-hoc deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and then drive the implementation of the solution.
- Effectively manage and execute on additional special projects as required.
Business and Technical Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must, as this position involves communication with employees, executives, vendors and third- party service providers
- Strong organizational skills, managerial skills, analytical/problem solving skills, great attention to detail and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics CRM or other CRM application is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), or other accounting software, and Concur preferred
- Unquestionable integrity, ethics and credibility
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and within the company culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to be effective in a positive, productive manner
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- Minimum 7 years corporate/public accounting experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in revenue accounting, preferably in a software environment.
We are an agile organization, living our values of Integrity, Customer-centric, Humanity, Communication, Teamwork, and Commitment. To be a successful contributor you need to be a team player and willing to handle a wide variety of tasks daily.
To learn more about Rogue Wave Software visit us at www.roguewave.com.
Rogue Wave Software is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Read Full Job Description